This chicken salad comes together fast. The pineapple, along with the pecans, help to make this chicken salad flavorful. Serve on top of toasted croissants, or butter lettuce.
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Sweet Pickles Chopped
- 1 cup Pecans Chopped
- 1 cup Celery Finely Chopped, Divided
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 16 oz Pineapple Crushed and Drained
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Combine chicken breasts, 1/2 cup chopped celery, onion, salt and pepper in a large stockpot.
- Fill with water and boil until tender.
- Remove chicken. (discard vegetables)
- De-bone and finely chop chicken.
- Add pickles, pecans, remaining 1/2 cup celery and pineapple.
- Add enough mayonnaise to suit your taste.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.