Baked French Toast Casserole with Praline Topping
This baked French toast recipe is a showstopper that will please the masses! Try this easy breakfast casserole with crunchy praline topping today.
- 13 to 16 oz French Bread A loaf
- 8 Large Eggs
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 2 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Slice bread into twenty 1" slices. (save any extra bread for other uses)
- Arrange in a generously buttered 9"~13" flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended, but not too bubbly.
- Pour mixture over bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly. (spoon some in between the slices)
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, remove French toast from the refrigerator and set aside foil.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Place on top of Casserole.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 60 minutes until the casserole is browned and bubbling, placing foil on top of the casserole should it brown too quickly.
- Cut into pieces and serve at the desired tempeture.