Honey Toasted Pecans
Are you searching for a classic cocktail recipe for your next dinner party or nightcap? Look no further than the toasted pecan old fashioned! This timeless recipe is perfect for any occasion, with its balanced blend of smooth whiskey, bitters, and delicious Renfroe pecans. In this article, we will share the perfect toasted pecan old fashioned recipe that you can easily make at home!
Toasted Pecan Whiskey (Makes enough for SIX drinks)
- ½ cup pecans, toasted
- 1 ½ cups whiskey (a good drinking one!)
Make the Toasted Pecan Whiskey
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the pecans on a baking sheet. Transfer to the preheated oven.
- Toast the pecans for 10-15 minutes or until browned and fragrant. (Keep an eye on them, as you could potentially burn them if not paying attention!)
- Remove from the oven, and let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the cooled pecans to a mason jar, and pour the whiskey on top of them.
- Let the whiskey infuse for 3-4 days. (Don’t go any longer than 4 days, as the pecans could dry the whiskey out.)
Toasted Pecan Old Fashioned
- 1 sugar cube (or ½ teaspoon granulated sugar)
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 oz. Toasted Pecan Whiskey, recipe above
- Spherical Ice Cube
Make the Toasted Pecan Old Fashioned
- In an Old Fashioned or your favorite whiskey glass, measure the sugar cube/loose sugar and dash in the Angostura bitters.
- Using a muddler, break down the sugar cube and combine it with the bitters, coating the sides of the glass as the sugar and bitters mix.
- Place whiskey stones or a large ice cube, then pour the Toasted Pecan Whiskey over the cubes, swirling it to mix with the bitters and sugar mixture.
- Enjoy immediately!