Cherry Cookie Bars
These are 2-in-1 cookie bars with a rich, buttery layer below and scarlet cherries, coconut and pecans on the top layer. Colorful for holiday baking.
- 1¼ cups Plain Flour Divided
- ¼ cup Confectioners' Sugar
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs Slightly Beaten
- ½ cup Maraschino Cherries Finely Cut
- ½ cup Coconut Shredded
- ½ cup Pecans Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together 1 cup flour and confectioners' sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles meal.
- Press the mixture with fingers firmly into the bottom of an ungreased 11"x7" pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Sift together 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs.
- Fold in cherries, coconut, and pecans.
- Spread mixture over partially baked dough.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Cool and cut into bars or squares.