This mouthwatering homemade hummus recipe is the perfect snack for you and your kids! Try it with pita bread, carrots, celery, or anything you can think of.
- 1 cup Toasted Pecans
- 14 oz Canned Garbanzos Rinsed & Drained
- 3 to 4 tbsp Pecan Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic Chopped
- 1 tbsp Parsley Chopped
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Water To Taste
- Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Grind pecans in a food processor until smooth.
- Add garbanzos, 3 tbsp. pecan oil, garlic, parsley, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Add water, 1 tbsp. at a time, to thin the mixture to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp. pecan oil, if desired. Serve with chips, crudités, or crackers.
- Add to vegetables and toss gently.
- To toast pecans, place on a baking sheet in a 375°F oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool before grinding.