Already getting ready for Christmas? Test out this old fashioned fruit cake recipe so you can get it right on Christmas day!
- 1 lb Candied Cherries Chopped
- 1 lb Candied Pineapple Chopped
- 4 cups Pecans Chopped
- 2 cups Self Rising Flour
- 1 cup Butter or Margarine Room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Lemon Flavoring
- Preheat the oven to 300°F
- In a large bowl, mix together cherries, pineapple, and pecans.
- Sift flour over the fruit and nut mixture.
- In another bowl, mix together butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and lemon flavoring.
- Pour butter mixture over the fruit mixture. Mix well (this is a very thick batter) and pack into a well-greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake for 2 hours.