There are some southern foods that ooze comfort at the mere mention of their name, and none more so than the cheese toastie.
- 8 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Slices Chopped Bacon Bacons crumbles work as well
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 oz Green olives with pimentos drained & chopped
- 1 tbsp grated onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 slices rye bread
- Add ½ cup of pecans to a food processor and finely chop them. Make sure to stop before it becomes a nut butter consistency and set it aside in a bowl.
- Take 2 slices of bacon and place on pan cold pan.
- Set stove to low heat (3/10 on a stove dial) and let bacon cook for about 10 minutes on the first side until it's browned.
- Flip Bacon and cook for about 5 minutes again until browned and then set it on top a plate with paper towel to let them cool down.
- Take your sharp cheddar cheese and grate 8 oz of it and place it into your bowl.
- Chop up your bacon and place it into your bowl.
- In the bowl place your 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce chopped olives with pimentos, 1 tbsp of grated onion, and 1/2 a cup of mayonnaise.
- Mix all ingredients together and spread on rye
- Heat oven to 425F on the broil setting
- Broil until cheese has melted