Chicken A L'Orange
This chicken recipe is quick, easy, and yummy. The orange juice makes a tangy sauce that is perfect when served over rice. Add a salad, and you have a healthy, quick meal.
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Orange Peel Grated
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ¾ tsp Black Pepper Divided
- 3 lb Chicken Parts Skinned
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Water
- 1½ cups Orange Juice
- ½ cup Pecans Chopped
- 2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- ¾ tsp Cinnamon
- 1¼ tsp Ginger
- In a paper or plastic bag, combine flour, orange peel, paprika and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Remove 2 tbsp. of the flour mixture and set aside.
- Add a few pieces of chicken to the bag at a time.
- Coat well and shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter - keep warm.
- Stir reserved flour mixture into skillet.
- Add orange juice, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and remaining 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with orange slices, if desired.