Cherry Chocolate Pecan Cake
This rich cherry chocolate bundt cake recipe tastes amazing! Add some Renfroe pecans for some nutty chocolate goodness.
- 2-1/2 cups chocolate cake mix
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans chopped, divided
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heavily coat a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray or oil and dust with flour. Evenly spread 1/4 cup pecans on bottom.
- Place pie filling in a food processor and pulse to coarsely chop cherries. Combine cake mix and cinnamon in a mixer bowl. Add oil, eggs, vanilla and pie filling. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and 3/4 cup pecans.
- Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely. If desired, top with powdered sugar or glaze.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat. Boil for 2 minutes. Lightly stick cooled cake with a fork and slowly pour glaze on top.