Cheddar Cheese Ring
A vintage cheese ring recipe attributed to first lady Rosalynn Carter. Good for any get together!
- 16 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Medium Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- ½ tsp Hot Sauce
- 1 cup Pecans Chopped
- 24 oz Strawberry Jam
- Grease a pan or ring with a little mayonnaise.
- Mix together cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, hot sauce and pecans and press into pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and turn out onto a serving dish.
- Spread jam on top of the cheese mixture.
- Serve with crackers.