Carrot Soufflé is a classy and elegant side dish that can be served as a part of a meal or as a dessert. This is definitely one of the best ways to enjoy carrots!
- 1 Casserole Dish or Muffin Tin Can also use oven-safe ramekins
- 1 Conventional Oven
- 1 Masher
- 2 Bowls
- 2 cups cooked carrots (1 large bunch or 2 small)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cook and drain carrots. Mash with a fork or potato masher. Mix in butter, milk and eggs.
- Mix sugar, salt, flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in aseparate bowl. Stir into carrot mixture. Pour into a buttered casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with topping. Bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended.