Baked Chicken with Pecans
A pecan topping adds a pleasant crunch to plain chicken with this easy dinner recipe.
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 1 Clove of Garlic Minced
- ½ Bell Pepper Chopped
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- ½ cup Butter or Margarine
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Fresh Tomatoes Quartered
- ¼ cup Snipped Fresh Parsley or (2 tsp. Dried Parsley)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dry Mustard
- 1 cup Currants or White Raisins
- 1 cup Fresh Mushrooms or (a 2 oz can drained)
- ½ cup Large Pecan Pieces
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Sauté onion, garlic and bell pepper together.
- Sift together flour and paprika.
- Melt butter.
- Dip chicken breasts in butter then in flour mixture.
- Brown chicken breasts.
- Place in a 3-1/2 qt. casserole dish.
- Top chicken with sautéed ingredients, tomatoes, and parsley.
- Mix together Worcestershire sauce, curry powder, thyme, vinegar, and mustard.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Top with currants, mushrooms, and pecans.